Of course it is the memories of your wedding day that are the most important, and your husband of course, but wedding stationary has a big part to play as well.
The invitation sets the tone and sits centre stage in all your friend’s homes for six weeks. The place cards, thank you notes and all other bits and pieces of print will capture your day and be checked out in years to come by yourselves and the kids.
It’s important then to get this part of the wedding right but it doesn’t have to cost the earth.
In days gone by DIY printing was a no-no unless you had secret late night access to the company print room. Shhh! One of our friends went through three refills of ink cartridges and reckoned it would have cost the same to get them done professionally.
Here are six easy steps to great stationery at a fraction of the cost:
- You are unique and it’s your big day. You don’t have to go through a book of ‘traditional’ invites. Look around for inspiration at Irish sites like DIY Wedding, One Fab Day or go further afield for something likeEM Papers. If you don’t like them, cuddle up with Google for an hour.
- Get decent paper that will stand the test of time. It won’t do to fold over an A4 sheet like a Kiddy’s birthday card. There is a great shop on Camden Street called Daintree which will have everything you need. It has won a bunch of awards and if you are outside Dublin, they are on the web.
- You’re sorted for ideas and paper, next up is the printer. That one that came with the computer is making a few strange noises but they sell them cheap at the moment. Wasn’t there one in another shop for about €60? Yes there was but then you have to pay a not so small fortune for the ink. Club Cartridge Greengives you a top range Brother Printer and unlimited ink for a year for only €12.99 a month, and in the second year that drops to €6.99. No strings no catch. There’s a video here which explains how simple it is.
- To print you need ink but that all comes with Club Cartridge Green subscription. Go crazy, print ten versions with all your details to see which one you like best.
- Well OK, maybe not that crazy, but when you’ve run out of ink, just pop down to your local cartridge green store and get your refills for free. It takes about an hour so go with a pal and treat yourself with some of the money you would have spent on a Cappuccino and one of these little delights.
- If you don’t live near a Cartridge Green store you can post back your cartridges and they will be right back to you in less time than it will take to dream of the dress, the honeymoon and the happy ever after.
Now, on to the DIY Flowers or maybe Franc will have something interesting on the show this week?
Be Print Happy!